Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reflection

"It is when you lose sight of yourself, that you lose your way.  To keep your truth in sight you must keep yourself insight and the world to you should be a mirror to reflect to you your image; the world should be a mirror that you reflect upon."
-C Joy Bell C.  
When we are in the journey of life we have to be take the time to reflect on the year and how can we as educators have a better one in the future.  In this class we have done different projects and developed our minds through the course resources and information gained.

In my personal theory of learning I believed that any person can learn.   This theory was brought upon because I have worked with different types of children mentally challenged, disturbed juveniles etc.  this is why I believe that every child can learn.  I still believe in this theory of any person can learn but I also believe that in order for that person to learn it is going to take a lot to put the learner in position to learn. After taking this course I realize again the importance of bridging the learning gap through technology is important because we are living in the 21st century.  I have also learned the importance of using different types of technology to help students look at a lesson in a different way through 3 D or digital enhanced technology.  Throughout this learning experience I never thought about the different functions of the human brain and how to give lessons that will send and keep messages in the brain.

Dr. Orey discusses instructional and learning tools and how the teachers use instructional and students use learning tools. (Laureate 2011). Even thought voice threads gave me some issues I still thinking about using it in my classes for the upcoming year.  Voice threads are unique because I could organize my discussion the way I wanted to with comments and pictures.  The other technology tool I would like to see my students use is microworlds, which use the computer to create a problem solving environment and the derived from work of the cognitive.  I was recently told abut how cool using microworlds has developed their classroom.

As a teacher I understand that even teachers learn every day new information that will make us better for future students.  One of the long term goals is to put more tutorial that will help students visually see the process they need to take when solving different types of problems.  Another long term goal is to get more support from the parents.  Me being a parent I understand the importance of providing supports and the positive effect it can have on your son or daughter.  I have been in the process of organizing a group that will help me get that support from the parents or guardians.  Further more a technology advance I would also like to use is using more rubrics to help with our assessments.  We use rubrics when we are doing a graphic  problem. 

Resources:

Laureate Education, Inc.  (2011).  Instructional tools versus learning tools.  Retrieved from waldenu.edu

Joy, C. Bell.  (2013).  http://www.Quotes.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment